What are the official rules for the Sweepstakes?
Posted by Tammy Falkner on May 15 2009 05:25 PM
JustAnswer® Annual Sweepstakes Official Rules:|
This document constitutes the Official Rules of the JustAnswer® Annual Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) and incorporates by reference the Permission Form appended below.
1. METHOD: Entries into the Sweepstakes will arise out of the Expert of the Month and Rising Star Awards (“Awards”) for Experts on JustAnswer.
The “Expert of the Month Award” will be offered monthly to one Expert in every subcategory. The Expert with the most positive feedbacks in a subcategory in the given month will win the award, which will be displayed in the winner’s profile and beside the winner’s signature line. The winner in each subcategory also will be entitled to receive one entry into the Sweepstakes for every positive feedback he or she has received during the winning month.
The “Rising Star Award” will be offered monthly to one Expert in every subcategory. The Expert with the largest increase in number of positive feedbacks in a subcategory in the given month will win the award, which will be displayed in the winner’s profile and beside the winner’s signature line. The increase will be measured against the Expert’s previous record for most positive feedbacks in a month. The winner in each subcategory also will be entitled to receive one entry into the Sweepstakes for every positive feedback he or she has received during the winning month.
Any Experts who receive the Expert of the Month Award and the Rising Star Award may inform JustAnswer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org that they do not wish to be entered into the Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO BE ENTERED TO WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, AND NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited.
2. RANDOM DRAWING: On July 15, 2010, the winner of the Sweepstakes (the "Winner") will be selected by random drawing, from all eligible entries received prior to that date. The decisions of JustAnswer, including the selection of the Winner or subsequent disqualification of the Winner and selection of an alternate winner, will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The Winner will be ineligible to receive the next year’s JustAnswer Annual Sweepstakes prize, if any.
3. PRIZE: The Prize will be a cruise on Carnival Cruise Lines, Crystal Cruises, Disney Cruise Line, Norwegian Cruise Line, Regent Seven Seas Cruises or Royal Caribbean International for two (2) persons by way of reimbursement of up to $1000 towards any airfare for up to two (2) persons that is necessitated by participation in the cruise and up to $1500 towards a cruise for up to two (2) persons for a total verifiable amount of $2500. Reimbursement will be paid by JustAnswer to Expert via Expert’s PayPal account on file with JustAnswer, after Winner provides JustAnswer with true and correct copies of the receipts for the cruise and any airfare. The Prize will be nontransferable, non-assignable, and not redeemable for cash or substitute prize, except as authorized by JustAnswer in writing and in its sole discretion. The Prize must be used within one (1) year of the Winner’s execution of the Permission Form (appended below); otherwise, Winner will be required to return any reimbursement monies to JustAnswer within one (1) week of written request by JustAnswer to the Winner’s email address on file with JustAnswer.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will depend on the number of winners of the Expert of the Month Award and Rising Star Award, relative number of positive feedbacks received by those Experts in their winning months, and compliance with these Official Rules.
5. NOTIFICATION, CONDITIONS AND DISQUALIFICATION: The potential Winner will be notified by email sent to the Winner’s email address on file with JustAnswer. In the event that the Winner does not respond to any such notification and signal his/her intent to accept the Prize within seven (7) days of JustAnswer’ sending of the notification, a disqualification will result and an alternate winner shall be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries. In addition, the potential Winner will be required to execute and return a JustAnswer Annual Sweepstakes Permission Form (appended below), unless prohibited by law, within seven (7) days of JustAnswer’s sending of the notification, or a disqualification will result and an alternate winner shall be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries. As of the date on which the Winner returns the Permission Form to JustAnswer, the Winner must have an open (and not a suspended or terminated) Expert account on JustAnswer and must not have violated any of the terms of these Official Rules, the JustAnswer Terms of Service, or the JustAnswer Expert Agreement, as determined by JustAnswer in its sole discretion, or the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected from all remaining eligible entries.
6. WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE: All entrants agree to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, and (ii) waive any and all claims against JustAnswer and its officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Sweepstakes or from the receipt or lack of receipt or consumption of the Prize.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Employees of JustAnswer are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. If, in JustAnswer's exclusive judgment, this Sweepstakes becomes compromised in any way (including but not limited due to viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes that corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Awards or Sweepstakes), is determined to be unlawful in any way, and/or entered Experts violate any of the terms of the Official Rules, the JustAnswer Terms of Service or the Expert Agreement, JustAnswer reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes, change the prize, alter the Official Rules including the procedures for being entered into the Sweepstakes, and void any entries.
JUSTANSWER (i) MAKES NO WARRANTY, GUARANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE PRIZE, AND (ii) DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY.
JustAnswer will have the sole discretion to interpret these Official Rules.
8. WINNER’S RESPONSIBILITIES: It is the Winner’s sole responsibility to determine whether he/she may lawfully accept the Prize and to pay any federal, state and local taxes due on the Prize.
9. ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNER: The name of the winner will be posted on the JustAnswer website – in the Expert Forum or another location typically viewed by Experts on the website – within three (3) days of the date that the winning entry is selected but will be subject to verification and compliance with all rules as stated herein.
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is JustAnswer Corp., which can be contacted at email@example.com or P.O. Box 29045, San Francisco, CA 94129.
APPENDIX I: JustAnswer® Annual Sweepstakes Permission Form
I have received a copy of, read and understood, and agree to the JustAnswer Annual Sweepstakes Official Rules.
I give my consent for Just Answer Corp. and www.justanswer.com (collectively “JustAnswer”) to use, distribute, publish for promotional activities for JustAnswer, in all forms of media now known or later developed, including advertising, web sites, and marketing materials, my JustAnswer user name, headshot attached to my profile on JustAnswer, and photographs and/or other content including writing that I send to JustAnswer relating to the Prize (to which I represent and warrant I own the copyrights and all rights). I give this consent in consideration for good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which I hereby acknowledge.
I hereby release JustAnswer from any claims and/or damages that may arise regarding JustAnswer’s exercise of the right granted to it in the foregoing paragraph, including any claims of defamation or invasion of privacy. I hereby waive any and all claims against JustAnswer, its officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Sweepstakes or from the receipt or lack of receipt or consumption of the Prize. I agree to return to JustAnswer the value of the Prize I received as liquidated damages for any breach by me of the Official Rules or this Permission Form.
This Permission Form shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. Each party using our website or services agrees to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California, and agrees that venue for any action resulting from the Terms or the use of our Services shall be in San Francisco County, California and waives any and all jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections.
I affirm that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age, have an open (and not a suspended or terminated) Expert account on JustAnswer, and have not violated any of the terms of the Official Rules, JustAnswer Terms of Service, or JustAnswer Expert Agreement.
This Permission Form constitutes the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between you and us. It supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous agreement, oral or written, and any other communications, representations, warranties and understanding relating to the subject matter of this Permission Form.
I HAVE READ THIS PERMISSION FORM AND AGREE TO ITS TERMS.
Participant’s Signature Date Signed
Print Real Name Print JustAnswer Username